- There are 1030 books in the library. We bought 67 more books for the library. How many books are there in the library now?
- 1085 girls and 531 boys took part in an art competition. How many students took part in the competition altogether?
- After giving $1085 to his wife, Simon had $746 left. How money had he at first?
- Margret sold 1392 meatballs on Friday. She sold 1940 more meatballs on Saturday than on Friday. How many meatballs did she sell on Saturday?
1. The price of a computer is $1709, the price of a printer is $280, and the price of a scanner is $190. What is the total cost of the three items?
2. Lily saved $1620. Polly saved $1923 more than Lily. How much did they save altogether?
3. Dan paid $155 for a printer and $378 more for a computer. How much did Dan pay for the 2 items altogether?
1. Jessica has 1135 beads. 604 beads are red and the rest are blue. How many blue beads does she have?
2. James and Ken donated $2300 to a charitable organization. Ken donated $658. How much did James donate?
3. The price of a car is $2795 and the price of a motorbike is $1063. What is the difference between the prices of the 2 vehicles?
4. There are 967 chairs in a hall. During an event, 761 chairs were occupied. How many chairs were not occupied?
- A sports club had 2564 members. 130 members left the club after a year. How many new members should the club recruit in order to have 3000 members?
- Henry bought a shirt and a tie. The shirt costs $187 and the tie costs $45 less than the shirt. Find the change that Henry received, if he paid $200 for the tie.
- A chair costs $12. What is the cost of 3 such chairs?
- Nick delivers 405 newspapers in a day. How many newspapers does he deliver in 5 days?
- A jacket costs 3 times as much as a pair of shoes. If the pair of shoes costs $56, what is the total cost of the jacket and the pair of shoes?
- Betty needs 2245g of sugar to bake some cookies. She has 4 packets of sugar. The mass of each packet of sugar is 500g. How much more sugar does she need?
- Susan has 400 sheets of paper. She gives 5 sheets of paper to every student in a class. There are 62 students in the class. How many sheets of paper has she left?
- There are 160 grade 3 students in a school. The students are to be equally divided into 5 classes. How many students do we have in each class?
- Melissa made 326 cupcakes. She packed 4 cupcakes into each box. How many boxes of cupcakes did she pack? How many cupcakes were left unpacked?
- Marcus had 700 marbles. He gave away 175 marbles and put the remaining marbles equally into 5 bags. How many marbles were there in each bag?
- Rosalind made 364 donuts. She put 8 donuts into each box.
a) How many boxes of donuts were there? How many donuts were left over?
b) If she sold each box for $3, how much money would she receive?
- There were 42 mangoes in each crate. 12 such crates of mangoes were delivered to a factory. 4 mangoes were rotten and had to be thrown away. The remaining mangoes were packed into boxes of 10 mangoes each. How many boxes of mangoes were there?
- There were 9500 spectators at a football match. 6375 of them were men. Of the remaining spectators, there were 4 times as many children as women. How many children were there?